Parents can have a difficult time getting their kids organized in time for school. Every morning, there's a lsit of things to take care of before you can leave home. But a little preparation can make the entire process much easier. Here are a few tips.
1. Get everything ready the night before. From clothes to backpacks, everything should already be organized before everyone goes to sleep at night. This reduces how hectic the mornings will be.
2. Make a breakfast schedule. Breakfast has to be both nutritionally fulfilling and fast. Make a schedule for different types of breakfast so that you can prepare everything quickly without much thought.
3. Lay out clothes for the week. Preparing clothes for the week is an easy way to reduce the amount of time your children take getting ready, and to avoid issues such as having necessary clothes in the wash.
4. Create a night-time schedule. Kids need to get to bed on time if they're going to be able to wake up bright and early. Kids and teens require more sleep than an adult and having a set bedtime is important.
5. Develop a "backpack station." A station can be a dedicated area where backpacks are both unloaded and reloaded, thereby making sure that nothing is forgotten that is critical for school.
6. Have some snacks prepared for on-the-go. Sometimes there may not be time for a full meal. Snacks prepared for on-the-go can be both breakfast and lunch treats and can make sure kids get the nutrition that they need.
7. Put kids in charge of chores. Have your children join in on the prep when they can, like packing their lunch. The more people involved, the more likely it is that nothing will be missed.
8. Create a checklist for essentials. Checklists are the perfect way to make sure that everything is already handled. But make sure these checklists don't get too complicated, or they may take too long in and of themselves.
9. Consider making a custom clock. A custom clock can tell your younger children exactly what they need to do at each time, such as when they should get to bed and when they should get dressed in the morning.
10. Make sure homework is done on time. Homework is the major issue that arises when kids need to get out the door. Homework should be done on time before the next school day, rather than being completed in the morning.
Of course, there's another important point: you need to make sure your car is ready and prepared. Make sure you've scheduled your maintenance appointment at Auto Tek before you get too far into the school year, that way your kids will always be on time. Contact us today to get started.