Keep Your Car's Interior Looking Nice With Routine Maintenance
Keeping your car's exterior cleaned and well-maintained is important, but your car's interior is important as well. Just as with the exterior of your vehicle, maintaining its interior will improve its resale value and avoid any unnecessary repairs. Here are some ways you can keep your car looking the best without spending a lot of time.
Clean and Dust the Interior of Your Vehicle
Whenever you wash the outside of your car, you should also detail the interior. Using a microfiber cloth and diluted soap, you can clean off any of the plastic or hard surfaces within the vehicle.
At the same time, vacuum the interior to remove dust and debris that may have accumulated. You can use a soft brush to clean any more difficult areas.
Develop Habits for Decluttering and Organizing
Your car will be far easier to keep clean if you can keep it clutter free. But that can be a challenge, especially for those who are busy. Developing some organizational habits can help, even if your life is quite hectic:
- Always take an item with you when you leave your car. There's nearly always something that you can bring back into the house or simply throw away. By making this into a habit, you can clean without having to spend a lot of time on it.
- Clear out your trunk. Many people forget items indefinitely in their trunk, which can be bad for gas mileage (and inconvenient if you need to transport any items).
- Add a trash bag. There are trash bags that fit into position in your car so that you can keep the worst of the clutter out of your area. You can even add a bag for items to be recycled!
- Avoid eating in the car. Ultimately, it isn't going to save you time if you just need to clean up the wrappers and crumbs later on.
Care for Leather and Upholstery
- Use a special leather cleaning solution. Normal soap can damage leather. You want to use soap that has been specifically designed for leather upholstery.
- Condition your leather. Conditioned leather will resist staining and damage. You can condition your leather every few months or as needed. This keeps the leather supple and avoids cracking.
- Protect it from the sun. You should keep your car covered when possible and use a windshield cover when parked. You may also want to park in your garage as often as possible.
- Consider seat covers. If you're doing anything like going outdoors or transporting the kids, you may want to invest in some easy to use slip covers.
By putting in some time and attention, you should be able to keep your car looking like new. Routine maintenance and cleaning prevent many of the difficult to fix issues such as dashboard cracking and peeling. But if you've already experienced some of these problems, you can visit us at Auto Tek Inc. to schedule a repair today!